What You Can Expect from a Web Site
Making the decision to get "connected" is an important one. Creating a web presence involves time, money, effort and high hopes. It's important to be realistic about what the web can and can't do for you. Listed below are some things you can expect.
- Effective Advertising: The Internet is an extremely effective method of getting information about your products and services to thousands of people, with proven results. You can reach more potential customers and provide more information than tradional advertising and promotion methods allow. Increased name recognition can be expected.
- Valuable Feedback: By incorporating the use of interactive forms into your web site, you can dramatically increase the amount and quality of the feedback you get from customers. The Internet can give you access to information that will make your business efforts the most effective they can be.
- Improved Customer Relations: You can offer your web site visitors special deals as well as printable coupons. Provide them with valuable information and tips related to your business to increase repeat visits to your site. If they have a good reason to come to your web site, they will. They will learn more about your company and its services while they're there, and will remember your name long after they've left your site.
- Expanded Business: You could spend thousands of dollars in phone calls, catalogues, and brochures trying to reach thousands of people in different states or countries to let them know about your business. The Internet can accomplish this in a very cost-effective manner. Create an impressive web presence, promote it, and make yourself known to the world.
- Increased Information: A web site can be a very effective way to get up-to-date information to your customers and employees, quickly and easily. Reduce paper use and repeated printings of brochures.
- Improved Employee Relations: Boost moral by featuring your top employees on your business site. Save time by posting information once to your web site instead of making paper copies to distribute. Your employees can have easy access to it anytime they need to. Have employee information, events, meetings, etc. listed. (These pages can be password protected for employee-only access to sensitive information). Forms for suggestions, questions and employee feedback are also possible, and can be valuable for your business. Post job openings and job application forms online.
What NOT to Expect from a Web Site
- Instant results: Unfortunately, even the Internet can not make you a millionaire overnight. The Internet CAN help you make things happen, but it will take some time and effort on your part.
Northern Pine Web Design
Connecting You to the World with a Quality Web Presence